Cost per serving $0.10 view details
- 2 x Rome beauty apples Peel-finely minced
- 1/2 c. Pine nuts -or possibly- walnuts Light toasted-minced Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Grnd nutmeg
- 5 x Phyllo sheets frzn, thaw
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter melted Powdered sugar sifted (opt)
- Combine apples, nuts, lemon peel, sugar and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Mix well to blend flavors; set aside. Unroll phyllo dough sheets. Cut dough lengthwise into 2" wide strips. Place on waxed paper over damp towels.
- Cover all dough strips except 2 of them. Brush the 2 strips with the melted butter. Place about 2 tsp. of the filling in the center of each strip, about 1" from the top edge. Fold one corner of each strip over filling.
- Fold over again like a flag, until entire strip is folded. Place on buttered 10x15" pan with sides. Repeat with remaining filling and phyllo strips.
- Brush folded pastries, top and bottom, with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min or possibly till golden brown. Cold on wire rack. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar if you like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 11g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||89%|
|Total Fat 7.69g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 4.87g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.13g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|