Cost per recipe $4.24 view details
- 1 x pork loin, approximately 5 pound (3 1/2 pound after boning)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3/4 c. apple slices
- 1/2 c. Maui or possibly Vidalia onion slices
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1 1/4 c. peeled and minced apple
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. cream
- Have your butcher remove the bone from roast (ask for some string to tie roast with after stuffing). Lay roast flat and sprinkle inside with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange apple and onion slices, lengthwise, down center of roast. Bring sides of roast together to enclose apple and onion slices. Tie in several places to enclose filling and form a lengthwise (rolled) roast. Sprinkle outside with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Pour chicken broth in bottom of a roasting pan. Set roast on a rack in pan and place in preheated oven. Immediately turn heat down to 350 degrees and roast for 1 1/2 hrs. Begin Sauce while roast is cooking.
- Sauce:Heat butter in a skillet set over medium heat. When foam from butter subsides, saute/fry shallots and apple for 5 min. Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir well, then set sauce aside.
- When roast is done, remove from pan and allow roast to set before carving.
- Add in sauce to the roasting pan placed over medium-high heat on burners. Deglaze pan with the sauce, incorporating browned bits on bottom of roasting pan into Sauce. Simmer for 5 min. Add in cream, reduce heat and simmer gently for 5 min. Slice roast and serve with sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1011g|
|Calories from Fat 792||74%|
|Total Fat 89.55g||112%|
|Saturated Fat 50.34g||201%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 46.48g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||20%|