Cost per serving $0.43 view details
- 2 Tbsp. dark rum
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 2 x Granny Smith apples - (to 3) peeled, cored,
- Â Â halved, and sliced 1/8" thick
- 1/2 x lemon juiced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c. sugar plus
- 1/4 c. sugar for sprinkling
- 5 sht phyllo dough
- 2 x egg whites
- 2 tsp extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. minced almonds
- Â Â Cinnamon
- Â Â Powdered sugar
- Â Â Caramel sauce (store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour rum over raisins and microwave on HIGH for 25 seconds to plump raisins (let sit 10 min).
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, sugar, and plumped raisins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and egg whites, being sure to mix them well.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface and lightly brush with the oil-egg white mix. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. each of sugar, panko, and almonds, then top with another layer of phyllo and repeat the process four times. Place the last sheet of phyllo on top of the sugar mix and brush it with the with oil-egg white mix, but don't top with more sugar, panko, and almonds.
- Place the apple mix on the lower 1/3 of the phyllo stack, being sure to leave a 2-inch border. Gently lift the bottom edge of the phyllo stack to cover the filling, then fold the side edges over. Continue to roll the stack away from you, till the filling is completely sealed in and the seam is on the bottom.
- Transfer to the lined baking sheet, brush the top with the oil-egg white mix and sprinkle with 1 more Tbsp. of sugar. Place in oven and bake for 30 min. Let cold before serving.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 72g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 18||14%|
|Total Fat 2.11g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.31g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 26.87g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|