Cost per serving $0.91 view details
- Light & Flaky Pie Crust see recipe of same name
- 1 1/2 c. Thick unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c. Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Apple brandy optional
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
- Lemon grated rind only
- 3 x Tart apples peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. All-fruit apricot jam
- PREPARE AND BAKE crust according to recipe instructions. (See Light & Flaky Pie Crust recipe) Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a 2-qt saucepan over med-high heat, simmer applesauce, honey, brandy if you like, vanilla and lemon rind till quite thick, about 10 to 15 min. Pour mix into prepared crust. Arrange apples in concentric circles on top of sauce.
- In a 1-quart saucepan over med-high heat, heat apricot jam, then press through a sieve. Use a pastry brush to glaze apples with jam.
- Bake for 30 min. Let cold before slicing.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 144g|
|Recipe makes 9 servings|
|Calories from Fat 60||27%|
|Total Fat 6.62g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2.47g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 41.15g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|