Cost per serving $0.15 view details
- Heat oven to 375F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Using pastry blender or possibly 2 knives, cut shortening into flour mix till particles are size of small peas.
- Gradually add in water, tossing with fork till mix is moistened. Gather pastry into ball. Divide pastry into 12 pcs. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece into 5-inch circle.
- In large bowl, combine apple sauce, peaches, sugar, walnuts and 1 tsp. cinnamon; mix well.
- Place about 1/4 c. of fruit mix on half of each pastry circle; brush edges with water. Fold over; seal edges with fork. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over pastries.
- Bake at 375F for 30 to 35 min or possibly till golden. Cold on wire rack.
- Notes: Pantry: Mott's Natural Apple Sauce. For a brown crust, brush the pastries with lowfat milk before sprinkling with the sugar-cinnamon mix.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 102||58%|
|Total Fat 11.59g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.68g||11%|
|Trans Fat 3.81g|
|Total Carbs 15.9g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|