Cost per serving $0.43 view details
- SERVES 5
- APPLE Glaze:
- Walnuts 1/2 cup
- 1 apple, ( granny smith apple)
- Hold up well, when they bake.
- Apple Juice, 2 to 3 Tablespoons
- Brown Sugar, 2 to 3 Tablespoons
- Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- Mix together your dry rub.
- Garlic powder 1/8 teaspoon
- Dry mustard 1 teaspoon
- Sage 1/8 teaspoon
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- now it's time to put it all together.
- First mix the spices, set aside.
- Cook rice, to directions on package.
- Add diced apricots about half way thru.
- Pat dry your pork loin dry, with paper towels, to remove any excess moisture.
- Coat lightly with olive or canola or vegatable oil.
- Cover pork roast with spice mixture.
- In a large dutch oven, or heavy roasting pan.
- Brown the pork loin, once browned remove from pan and set aside, in a clean bowl.
- Add the rice to the dutch oven, and spread into an even layer.
- Place pork roast on top of rice
- Place carrots along side of roast for extra flavor.
- Place lid on pan and place in oven set at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Now during the first 30 minutes of cooking prepare the apple glaze.
- Cover the pork loin with apple glaze and return to oven for 20 - 30 minutes.
- The last 15 minutes of cooking, remove the lid to dutch oven.
- Cook until done.
- A sweet potato is also great with this.
- The temp of the pork needs to be at 140 - 145 degrees.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 57g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 41||42%|
|Total Fat 4.85g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.81g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.45g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|