Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 4 lrg sweet hard apples - (abt 2 lbs) peeled, cored,
- Â Â and cut into 8 pcs
- Â Â (such as Braeburn apples)
- 1 lb fresh cranberries rinsed well
- 1 c. roughly-minced walnuts
- 1Â 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1Â 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1Â 1/2 c. rolled oats
- 1Â 1/2 c. light brown sugar - (packed)
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter cut into pcs
- 1Â 1/2 c. grated white cheddar
- Â Â Vanilla ice cream as accompaniment
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cranberries, walnuts, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, 1 tsp. of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg, and toss well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, remaining 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon, and remaining 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg. Blend the butter into the dry ingredients using your fingers till the mix resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour the fruit mix into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the crumb mix over the top and bake for 15 min. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking till bubbly and the apples are tender, 35 to 40 min. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Return to the oven and bake till the cheese is bubbly, about 6 min.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 min before serving with vanilla ice cream on top.
- This recipe yields 12 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 219g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 170||33%|
|Total Fat 19.39g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.93g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 82.01g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|