Ok…all I have to say is that this is HEAVEN!!! This is an Apple Cobbler made with a coconut-based whipped topping. All the blended ingredients of cinnamon, lemon juice, and nutmeg make it the perfect cobbler.
- 4 large Pink-Lady apples peeled, cored, & sliced
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 C margarine, melted & cooled at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 C soy milk
- Whipped Topping:
- 1 can of chilled unsweetened coconut milk (not the light)
- 1/3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 vanilla soy milk powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine apples, 1/3 C sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Pour melted margarine into a 9-inch pie dish and brush sides with margarine.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 C sugar, brown sugar, and baking powder. Stir in soy milk.
- Slowly pour batter evenly over butter in pie dish. Neatly arrange apple mixture on top of batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until dough is cooked in the center.
- Put can of coconut milk in fridge for about 4 hours.
- Open can, and remove the cream (thick part at top; save water for other uses). Put thick coconut cream into a chilled metal bowl.
- With chilled electric beaters, beat cream until thick and fluffy. Gently beat in remaining ingredients.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 143g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 167||42%|
|Total Fat 19.5g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11.6g||46%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 54.22g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|