Cost per serving $0.81 view details
- 1 can (6 ounces) thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 2 Gala apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine apple juice concentrate, cider vinegar, pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add chicken; shake to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Heat oven to 375Â°F. Place a rack in a roasting pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Place the chicken in the roasting pan and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Roast for 50 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 170Â°F on an instant-read thermometer. Baste with marinade twice during cooking.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add apples; saute for 6 minutes, turning apples halfway through cooking. Remove apples to a plate and keep warm.
- 4. Wipe out the skillet and add the marinade. Bring to a simmer. In a medium bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, flour and Dijon mustard. Gradually whisk in the heated apple juice concentrate mixture. Return mixture to the skillet and simmer for an additional minute.
- 5. Serve the chicken with the apples, brown rice and sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 259g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 70||22%|
|Total Fat 7.94g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.86g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 48.17g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|