Cost per serving $0.63 view details
- 1 x 375 g pack Saxby's Fresh Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 50 gm Pecan halves, (1 3/4oz)
- 3 x Empire apples
- 25 gm Unsalted butter, (1oz)
- 30 ml Lemon juice, (2tbsp)
- 20 ml Caster sugar, (4tsp)
- 1 x 142 ml pot Waitrose Thick Double Cream
- 15 ml Maple syrup, (1tbsp)
- 5 ml Cinnamon, (1tsp)
- Roll out the pastry and cut out an 18cm (7") diameter circle. Place a sheet of Teflon Cooking Liner on a baking tray. Prick the pastry lightly with a fork and place it on the Cooking Liner.
- Roughly chop the pecans and scatter over the pastry.
- Leaving the skin on, quarter, core and thinly slice the apples. Heat the butter, stir in the lemon juice and toss the apple slices in the butter.
- Arrange the apple slices on the pastry in overlapping circles, not quite to the edge.
- Sprinkle with sugar and place in a preheated oven 220 C, 425 F, gas mark 7 for 20-25 min or possibly till the pastry is crisp and the apples slightly browned at the edges.
- Meanwhile whip the cream, mix in the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Chill till needed.
- Serve the apple tart hot with the flavoured cream.
- NOTES : This dessert uses red skinned Empire apples that have a crisp white flesh. Empire apples are also good minced up in salads or possibly eaten on their own. If preferred, you can use this recipe to make four individual tarts instead of one large one.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 48g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||69%|
|Total Fat 9.92g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3.66g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.0g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|