Cost per serving $3.86 view details
- 750 gm Tart eating apples
- 750 gm Pears
- 90 gm Ready-to-eat dry apricots
- 1 x 75 grams pac dry cranberries
- 1 x Orange, juice of
- 2 x Lemons, juice of
- 1 Tbsp. Natural vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon shred marmalade
- 6 x Pairs amaretti biscuits
- 90 gm Grape nuts cereal
- 1 x Egg, (whole)
- 2 x Egg whites
- 500 gm Quark or possibly ricotta, or possibly a combination
- 2 x Heaped tbsp orange marmalade or possibly, high-fruit orange no-added-sugar, spread
- 1 tsp Natural vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Orange-flavour liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- Peel, core and dice the apples and pears, dice the apricots and mix together with the cranberries, citrus juices, vanilla, maple syrup and marmalade. Spread out in a baking dish and bake in the oven, uncovered, for 30 min or possibly till tender and juicy, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the amaretti biscuits and grape nuts in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Add in the egg and egg whites and process till well mixed.
- Remove the compote from the oven, taste and stir in more lemon juice, as needed, to balance the flavours.
- Pour and scrape the crumble mix over the compote, leaving a 1cm border all around. Raise the oven temperature to 200C/400F/gas 6 and bake the crumble for 10-12 min, till the topping is set and the juices are bubbling. Serve hot or possibly at room temperature.
- Orange cream: Put all the ingredients in a food processor and process till well mixed and fluffy.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 385g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 121||15%|
|Total Fat 13.75g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 7.17g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 148.87g||40%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||25%|