Cost per serving $4.41 view details
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 20 med Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c. Sherry
- 3 c. Chicken stock
- 2 c. Heavy cream
- 3/4 c. Sherry
- Â Â Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Â Â Chicken-Hazelnut Quenelles
- 2 Tbsp. Hazelnuts, skins removed, and minced
- To roast the hazelnuts you should place them on a sheet pan and put them in a 400 F oven for 2 to 3 min, or possibly till the outside skin starts to break away. Rub the hazelnuts together so which the outer dark skins flake off.
- You don't want to toast them, you just want the skin to loosen up.
- In a large skillet place the butter and heat it on medium high till it has melted. Add in the mushrooms and saute/fry them for 4 to 5 min, or possibly till they are brown. Add in the 1/4 c. of sherry and deglaze the pan. Add in the chicken stock. Cook the ingredients on medium heat for 12 to 15 min, or possibly till the liquid is reduced by 1/2.
- In a small saucepan place the 3/4 c. of sherry. Cook it on medium high heat for 4 to 6 min, or possibly till it is reduced by 3/4.
- Add in the reduced sherry, salt, and pepper to soup, and stir them in.
- In each of 4 individual serving bowls place 3 of the Chicken-Hazelnut Quenelles. Ladle the soup on top. Sprinkle on the hazelnuts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 399g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 309||69%|
|Total Fat 35.2g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 21.27g||85%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.61g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|