Cost per recipe $8.21 view details
- 1 lb rotini or possibly fusilli (corkscrew-shaped pastas)
- 2 x garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 c. red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 ounce sun-dry tomatoes (not packed in oil), soaked in warm water for 5 min and liquid removed well (1/2 c.)
- 1/2 lb smoked mozzarella cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Â Â a (1-lb.) can garbanzo beans, liquid removed and rinsed
- 3Â 1/2 ounce sliced hard salami cut into julienne strips
- 10 x bottled small peperoncini (pickled Tuscan peppers), up to 20
- 1/2 tsp dry warm red pepper flakes
- 1 c. loosely packed fresh flat-leafed parsley chopped leaves
- In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the rotini till it is tender and drain it. Refresh the pasta under cool water and drain it well. In a blender blend the garlic, the mustard, the vinegars, the water, the oil, and salt to taste till the dressing is emulsified. In a very large bowl toss the pasta well with the dressing and stir in the sun-dry tomatoes, the mozzarella, the garbanzos, the salami, the Tuscan peppers, the red pepper flakes, and the parsley. Refrigeratethe salad, covered, for 1 hour.
- The salad may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
- Serves 8 to 10.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1049g|
|Calories from Fat 1802||47%|
|Total Fat 204.02g||255%|
|Saturated Fat 51.53g||206%|
|Trans Fat 2.81g|
|Total Carbs 359.33g||96%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.3g||54%|