- 1 lb shell, bowtie or possibly elbow macaroni pasta
- 1/4 lb Genoa salami, minced
- 1/4 lb pepperoni, minced
- 1/2 lb Asiago or possibly Italian sharp cheese, diced
- 1 x (6 oz) can black olives, liquid removed and minced
- 1 x red bell pepper, diced
- 1 x green bell pepper, diced
- 3 x ripe tomatoes, minced
- 1 x (.6 oz) Italian dressing mix (Good Seasons)
- 3/4 c. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. dry oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dry parsley
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese salt grnd black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water till al dente.
- Drain and cold under cool water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, salami, pepperoni, cheese, black olives, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and tomatoes. Sprinkle on the envelope of powdered dressing, mix thoroughly and chill salad. To prepare the dressing, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad and mix well.