This recipe is one of a collection of recipes from a good friends mother. She passed away years ago, and her son never stopped bragging about her cooking. This recipe is courtesy of Bertha C. Stufko <3
- Â¼ C. Flour
- 2 t. Salt
- Â¼ t. Pepper
- 1 Â½ t.Dry mustard
- 3 Lb. Round steak, cut 1 Â½ inches thick
- Â¼ C. Cooking oil
- Â½ C. Water
- 1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 3-Oz. Mushroom caps, canned and drained
- Combine flour, slat, pepper and mustard. Sprinkle mixture over steak. Pound with sauce until almost doubled in size.
- In heavy skillet, brown steak slowly on both sides. Combine water and Worcestershire sauce, and add to meat. Cover tightly and simmer over LOW heat for 1/34 or 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Heat mushroom caps in butter and serve over steak. Garnish with parsley.
- Skim fat and serve with steak.