- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 med onion diced
- 6 c. diced butternut squash peeled, deseeded
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 c. bourbon
- 5 c. chicken stock or possibly canned chicken broth
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Place butter in 4-qt saucepan and saute/fry onions over medium heat till onions turn opaque. Add in squash, ginger, garlic and saute/fry an additional 2 min. Add in bourbon and ignite with a lighter till alcohol has burned off. Add in chicken stock and simmer for 20 min. Add in all remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 or possibly more min.
- Blend all ingredients in saucepan with a handheld burr mixer or possibly blender till all of the soup has been pureed very fine, then add in salt and pepper to taste.