Cost per recipe $2.49 view details
- 1 pound fresh Maryland backfin or possibly lump crabmeat
- 4 heaping Tbsp. Hellmann's real mayonnaise
- 1/2-1 tsp. regular yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. fresh grnd black pepper (see note)
- 2 tsp. salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. baking pwdr
- 1 pouch Saltine crackers from box (crushed with a rolling pin)
- 1 extra large egg, beaten well
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium bowl, hand pick crabmeat and throw away any shell particles. Add in salt and pepper (you can alter your salt to taste but NOT the black pepper!)
- In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients. Gently fold mix into crabmeat. Add in baking pwdr, parsley, and about 1/4 c. of crushed Saltines to your crabmeat; again mix in very gently.
- On a plate, place your crushed Saltines and scoop a medium sized crab cake from your mix in your hands. Coat with cracker again just sufficient to cover your cake.
- In a skillet heat oil for frying (preferably cast Iron pan) gently place crabcakes in frying temperature oil and brown proportionately on both sides. Be careful which your oil is not to warm and should never be smoking!! Crabcakes are ready when brown on both sides usually a few min per side. Don't overcook! Drain on paper towels serve immediately.
- Yields about six crab cakes.
- Cook's Note: For a less spicy version, use less pepper than the original recipe calls for, adjusting to your taste (3/4 Tbsp. suggested). Submitted by: Dave R.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 207g|
|Calories from Fat 457||80%|
|Total Fat 51.74g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 7.97g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.69g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||26%|