This delicious and amazingly easy pulled pork recipe is the creation of my friend and co-worker Anita. She came up with this recipe a couple of months ago and brought it to work for some of us to try. I have to say it was love at first bite, and I knew she had a real winner. When I got the recipe from her, I realized that she had created a recipe that was not only delicious; it’s easy and economical too. The onion soup gives this pork a little something extra that takes the flavor over-the-top, so if you’re a pulled pork lover, you just gotta try this (thanks Anita)!
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Â¼ cup Carolina-style BBQ sauce (such as Scottâs)
- Â¼ cup water
- 1 (4-5 lb.) pork butt roast
- Hamburger buns (optional)
- Combine soup mix, BBQ sauce and water in a small bowl.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and add pork.
- Pour soup and sauce mixture over pork.
- Cook on low for 10 hours. Remove pork from crock and let cool slightly.
- While pork is still warm, gently pull apart with two forks. Makes 7-8 cups. Serves: 8 for BBQ plates, or 12 for sandwiches.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 17g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||7%|
|Total Fat 0.25g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.54g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|