A light angel food cupcake topped with whipped cream and fresh berries
Servings: 10 cupcakes
Cost per serving $0.08 view details
- Â¼ cup + 1 tablespoon cake flour, sifted
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Â¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- â teaspoon salt
- Â¾ teaspoon lemon juice
- Â½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Fresh mixed berries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven. Line a cupcake pan with 10 cupcake liners.
- 2. In a large bowl sift together 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar and the sifted cake flour.
- 3. In your electric mixer, with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar, lemon juice, and salt and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the remaining 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar, a tablespoon at a time, until glossy stiff peaks form. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- 4. Sift the flour mixture over the egg whites (about half of the flour mixture at a time) and gently but quickly fold (do not stir) the flour into the egg whites. You can use a large wire whisk or a large rubber spatula. (It is important not to over fold the batter or it will deflate.)
- 5. Divide the batter into the cups of the pan and run a metal spatula or knife through the batter to get rid of any air pockets. Smooth the top and bake in the preheated oven for about 15-17 minutes. The cupcakes are done when a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean and the cupcakes spring back when gently pressed. Do not over bake.
- 6. Cool cupcakes about 10 minutes then remove from pan to a cooling rack. These cupcakes are best served on the day they are made but will keep covered for a few days at room temperature or for several days in the refrigerator. They are also great toasted.
- 7. Top with whipped cream and berries.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.06g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.01g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|