Cost per recipe $3.93 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Â Â Shells and heads from shrimp
- 2 x Shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 x Ancho chilies, seeded and minced
- 2 sprg fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 x Serrano chili, seeded
- 2 c. Fish stock
- 1 Tbsp. Masa harina
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a small saucepan over high heat. When it just starts to smoke, add in shrimp shells and heads and saute/fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly, or possibly till bright pink in color. Add in shallots, garlic and anchos.
- Lower heat and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 min or possibly till shallots, garlic, and anchos are lightly toasted.
- 2. Add in tomatoes, cilantro and serrano. Raise heat to medium and cook 2 min. Add in stock. Lower heat and simmer gently for 15 min. Don't reduce. Pour into a blender and puree till smooth. Mix masa harina with sufficient cool water to make a paste. Then, with the motor running, add in to the puree in the blender. Strain through a fine sieve and stir in lime juice, honey and salt. Keep hot till ready to use.
- Serve Chorizo Fingers with Ancho Chili Puree.
- Serving Ideas : Serve Chorizo Fingers with Ancho Chili Puree.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 528g|
|Calories from Fat 150||61%|
|Total Fat 16.89g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 2.63g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 12.46g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|