Here’s a wonderful recipe you enjoy guilt-free! We’ve simmered chicken thighs in a rich tomatoey sauce loaded with mushrooms, onions and sweet peppers. It seems like boneless, skinless, chicken thighs are very popular to use in healthy recipes these days. Just by removing the skin and sauteing the veggies is a small amount of oil our delish dish has 270 calories, 10 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. A regular recipe has 417 calories and 27 grams of fat. This hearty dish has become a family favorite of ours. Maximum flavor and minimum effort…Definitely impressive enough to serve to company. Buon Appetito!
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, (about 1Â½ lbs)
- â teaspoon salt
- Â¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 8-10 ounce package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion. chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- Â½ cup white wine
- 1 (24 oz) jar Classico Tomato and Basil Tomato Sauce or your favorite
- Â½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with a little salt and pepper. In a large nonstick pan, add the chicken and cook about 5 minutes or until brown, turning once. Remove chicken from pan to a plate. While the chicken is browning, place the mushrooms, onions, and both peppers in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave for about 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- In the same large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic, softened mushrooms, onions and peppers. Saute on high heat until lightly browned and soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook for about 1-2 minutes until wine is almost evaporated.
- Return chicken to pan and add the tomato sauce, Italian seasonings and fresh pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook uncovered for about 15 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
- 270 calories, 10g fat, 25g protein, 17g carbs, 3g fiber, 463mg sodium, 8g sugar
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||53%|
|Total Fat 9.46g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.36g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.1g|
|Total Carbs 5.75g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|