Cost per recipe $8.90 view details
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- a healthy pinch of sage (optional)
- 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 bag of frzn broccoli cuts, rinsed
- 1 bag of egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8-16 ounce. bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- lowfat milk or possibly cream
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Simmer chicken till tender in a medium stockpot, with garlic, onion and sage, and a tsp. of salt. Remove from heat. When cold sufficient to handle, remove meat from bones, discarding skin and bones. Return chicken to stockpot.
- Boil the egg noodles according to package directions in a separate pan. Rinse broccoli cuts under cool running water till no ice crystals remain. Add in parsley and broccoli cuts to stockpot and simmer till tender.
- Add in cream of chicken soup to stockpot; add in the mozzarella, 2 Tbsp. of butter and 1/2 c. of lowfat milk (or possibly cream). Add in salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese, if you like.
- Variations: Add in Minute Rice during last 5 min of cooking or possibly break angel hair pasta into soup during final 10 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2826g|
|Calories from Fat 4627||73%|
|Total Fat 519.94g||650%|
|Saturated Fat 256.51g||1026%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 65.38g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|