Cost per recipe $1.05 view details
- 1 c. Flour
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- For Starter
- . (A large glass jar or possibly bowl with a tight fitting lid works best for this,
- but a 1/2 gallon zip baggie can also be used).
- Don't chill! Don't stir with a metal spoon! The starter requires 10
- days for fermentation.
- Day 1- Begin or possibly receive starter
- Day 2- Stir with wooden spoon (or possibly squish baggie)
- Day 3- Stir with wooden spoon (or possibly squish baggie)
- Day 4- Stir with wooden spoon (or possibly squish baggie)
- Day 5- Add in 1 c. sugar, 1 c. flour, 1 c. lowfat milk
- Day 6- Stir with wooden spoon (or possibly squish baggie)
- Day 7- Stir with wooden spoon (or possibly squish baggie)
- Day 8- Do Nothing
- Day 9- Do Nothing
- Day 10- Add in 1 c. sugar, 1 c. flour, 1 c. lowfat milk
- Put 1 c. of starter in each of three containers. Give 2 away to friends and keep one. This will begin their Day 1.
- Bread recipe # 11 c. starter1 c. Vegetable Oil1 c. Sugar2 c. Flour3 Eggs1 small Vanilla Pudding Mix - Instant1 tsp. Cinnamon1/2 tsp. Salt1/2 tsp. Baking Soda1/4 tsp. Baking Powder1/2 c. MilkCinnamon Sugar:1 c. Sugar2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- You will have about 1 c. of batter left (besides the 1 c. you have saved for yourself). To the remaining batter add in vegetable oil, sugar, flour, baking pwdr, baking soda, Large eggs, lowfat milk, vanilla pudding mix, cinnamon, and salt. Beat till well blended. Add in one c. raisins, chocolate chips or possibly nuts, if you like.
- Grease 2 loaf pans well, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, coating bottom well.
- Turn batter into pans, and sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar onto tops of loaves. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
- Bread recipe # 21 c. batter2 c. flour1/2 tsp. vanilla2/3 c. oil3 eggs1/2 tsp. baking soda3/4 c. sugar1/2 tsp. salt1 1/4 tsp. baking powderStir all together till well mixed. Add in 1/2 c. or possibly more of any 1,2,3 or possibly 4 of the following:RaisinsDatesNutsOatmealBran flakesChopped applesBananasGrated carrotZucchiniChocolate chipsApplesauce with additional flour or possibly oatmeal Bake in 2 greased and sugared loaf pans, at 350 deg. F. for 45-50 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 569g|
|Calories from Fat 31||2%|
|Total Fat 3.59g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.74g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 307.52g||82%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|