Cost per serving $0.28 view details
- 3 lb British 2-row grain --
- Â Â Crushed
- 3Â 1/4 lb Superbrau plain light malt
- 1 lb Brown sugar
- 1 lb Crystal malt grain
- 4 ounce Chocolate malt grain
- 1 ounce Northern brewer (45 minutes)
- 1/2 ounce Northern brewer (15 minutes)
- 1 ounce Fuggles (5 minutes)
- Â Â Doric acid yeast
- Bring 1 1/2 gal water to 160 degrees and stir in crushed grains. Keep the mash temp between 148-152 for 1 hr. Best way is to place covered brewing kettle in 140 degree oven. Stir twice while mashing.
- Test the mash conversion by placing drop of mash onto white plate, then place a drop of iodine into the solution. If solution turns purple/black you must continue the mash till the solution is clear when the iodine is added.
- Pour mash thru a strainer, allowing the wort to flow thru into your brew pot. Bring 1-2 gal water to 135-150 degrees. Slowly sparge the grains with sparge water till it runs clear. The sparge water will become part of the boil. At this point you will continue as usual.
- Dissolve malt extract and brown sugar into wort, add in 1 ounce northern brewer hops and boil for 45 minutes. Add in 1/2 ounce plug and boil for 15 minutes more. For the last 5 minutes of the boil, add in the fuggles pellets. Cold the wort and bring volume up to 5 gal. Pitching temp: 80 or possibly less
- O.G. 1045-1055 F.G. 1010-1014
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 113g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||1%|
|Total Fat 0.3g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 107.94g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|