Cost per serving $0.48 view details
- 250 gm Plain flour, sifted (8oz)
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 med Size egg, beaten
- 300 ml Lowfat milk, ( 1/2 pint)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 125 gm Caster sugar, (4oz)
- 1 x 142 millilit double cream
- 125 gm Unsalted butter, cut into small pcs (4oz)
- 125 ml Bourbon, (4fl ounce)
- To prepare the pancakes, place the flour and baking pwdr into a mixing bowl. Gradually add in the beaten egg and lowfat milk. Beat the batter till smooth. Allow the batter to stand for 30 min.
- To prepare the sauce, place the sugar into a small saucepan over a moderate heat and allow the sugar to caramelise. Pour in the cream gradually and reduce the heat, add in the butter, stir constantly to ensure each piece of butter is incorporated into the sauce. Add in the bourbon to taste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, when the oil is warm pour a little of the batter into the pan to make a pancake approximately 5cm (2 inch) in diameter. Cook the pancake for 1 minute on each side. It should be possible to cook 2-3 pancakes at one time.
- Keep the pancakes hot by covering them with kitchen foil. Re-oil the frying pan between each batch of pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes in stacks with hot bourbon fudge sauce and your favourite ice cream.
- Notes Alternatively Scotch pancakes could be used instead of making pancakes.
- NOTES : An American influenced dessert, sweet, sticky and not for the diet conscious.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 86g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 109||45%|
|Total Fat 12.43g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 6.88g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 20.67g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|