Recipe based on several revisions, adding this/that until it was right.
Easiest done in a Dutch Oven on top of the stove or in the oven.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Cost per serving $1.28 view details
- 3 lbs. chuck roast cut in 1 1/2" cubes, fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 4-5 carrots, peeled, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 4 medium celery stalks, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 medium red or Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dry California red wine
- 2 tbs. Worcestershire
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. dry thyme
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbs. chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the veggies, saute in oil until lightly browned, add garlic, cook 30 seconds
- Remove veggies.
- Toss the beef cubes with flour (lightly coat).
- Brown cubes in oil, drain on paper towel lined plates.
- Pour wine into pot, followed by the broth, bay leaves and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, add beef, cover and simmer stovetop or put in 350 F oven for one hour, or until meat is tender.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and celery. Cook until the veggies are tender.
- Add peas and parsley.
- Best served second day.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 509g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 298||47%|
|Total Fat 33.19g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 9.32g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.23g|
|Total Carbs 15.12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|