Cost per recipe $1.14 view details
- 2 lb russett Idaho potatoes (6-7 medium) salt
- 1 c. warm half-and-half or possibly whole lowfat milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter (1/2 stick) Grnd black pepper
- Place whole potatoes in large pot with cool salted water to cover. Bring to boil over high heat then simmer, covered, till potatoes are just tender (about twenty min). Drain. Peel potatoes and put through food mill or possibly ricer into a hot, dry saucepan. Heat lowfat milk and butter in small saucepan till hot and butter is melted. Pour lowfat milk/butter mix into potatoes and mix well. Generously season with lots of pepper and serve.
- The "best" recipe is a matter of opinion, of course...but my opinion is which these are THE best mashed potatoes I've ever had. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tried it, but making mashed potatoes this way (cooking them whole and adding hot lowfat milk and melted butter) really does make a world of difference. I would eat these every day if I could:-)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 298g|
|Calories from Fat 650||90%|
|Total Fat 73.9g||92%|
|Saturated Fat 46.51g||186%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.44g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|