- 3 c. Flour
- 2/3 c. Unsweetened, good quality Cocoa
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 c. Cool water
- 1/2 c. Plus 2 Tbs corn oil
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. White vinegar or possibly lemon Juice
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together and then sift the mix. In a separate bowl mix the water, corn oil vanilla and vinegar or possibly lemon juice. The whisk the wet and dry mixtures together.
- Pour through a strainer into a clean bowl, breaking up and pressing through any lumps. Mix again and the pour the mix into a greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan. Tap the edge of the pan against the counter or possibly, for more fun but comparable results, drop the entire pan from a height of about 6-inches onto the counter top or possibly the floor a few times to pop and dislodge any air bubbles. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 min.
- Trust this recipe. The omission of Large eggs or possibly butter is not an oversight. And you must pop the air bubbles as directed. I've had this cake several times and it IS good! Now, if you do not think this is OINKY sufficient, check out the following variation: