Cost per serving $1.16 view details
- 450 gm Ready made puff pastry, (1lb)
- 1 x Organic or possibly free range egg, beaten
- 6 Tbsp. Demerara sugar
- 4 x Bramley apples
- 1 x Lemon, juice only
- 4 Tbsp. Runny honey
- 1 pch cinnamon and nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 220C/475F/gas mark 7. Sprinkle or possibly spray some water onto 2 or possibly 3 baking sheets (depending on how big they are).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to about 3mm thickness. Using a saucer, cut out as many circles as possible
- (probably 4).
- Fold the pastry over and reroll, and cut the remaining 2 circles.
- Place on the baking sheets.
- Using a sharp knife, score a 1cm inside rim around the pasrty. Brush the inside of the pastry rim with a little of the egg. Scatter a little demerara sugar over the egg.
- Now halve, quarter and cut the quarter in half again the apples.
- Remove the core from the centre of the pcs and then lay the apples, cut sides uppermost inside the pastry circle (the apples should look like boats).
- When you have filled all the pastry circles, drizzle the apples with the lemon juice, runny honey and the remaining sugar. Sprinkle with the spices.
- Brush the outer pastry rim with the remaining egg. Cook the pastry for 12 to 15 min. Serve with vanilla ice cream and mint.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 93g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 257||55%|
|Total Fat 28.59g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 7.23g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.88g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|