Cost per serving $1.61 view details
- 1 c. pre-cooked whole grain amaranth
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil, may be tripled
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, or possibly to taste
- 1 tsp minced fresh cilantro, leaves only
- Â Â salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb fresh fenugreek leaves
- 3/4 lb eggplant, peeled
- Â Â sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- Â Â vegetable cooking spray
- Â Â Or possibly up to 2-tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp grnd coriander seeds
- 1 pch cayenne
- Â Â Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1) Mix amaranth with seasonings and allow to sit for 1 hour.
- 2. Take eggplant and spray with vegetable oil or possibly brush with 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill. Allow to cold and mix with remaining ingredients.
- 3. To serve, top amaranth with grilled eggplant.
- served at the League for the Hard of Hearing Benefit: Oct 1998. See
- Cuisine:"African/middle Eastern"
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 133g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 63||27%|
|Total Fat 7.33g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.34g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.75g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.5g||55%|