Cost per recipe $13.22 view details
- 2 doz unripe mangoes
- 4 c. Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. White cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Onion seeds (or possibly substitute finely chopped onion)
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 c. Red chilli pwdr
- 1. Wash the mangoes and wipe dry. Cut into quarters.
- 2. Mix the salt into the mangoes and spread out on a tray or possibly baking tin and dry in the sun 2 or possibly 3 days, till the skin of the fruit becomes soft and pliable.
- 3. Fry all the whole spices in 2 c. of the oil till they are light brown.
- 4. Remove from the oil and grind to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- 5. Put the rest of the oil in a saucepan and heat well. Add in all the grnd spices and stir for 1 minute. Add in all the dry mangoes.
- 6. Stir together over fire very briefly and remove immediately. Allow to cold completely to room temperature.
- 7. When cold, place the achar in airtight containers and store at room temperature. This achar can be preserved for at least one year.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1084g|
|Calories from Fat 7923||97%|
|Total Fat 897.6g||1122%|
|Saturated Fat 68.65g||275%|
|Trans Fat 22.5g|
|Total Carbs 78.19g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 45.7g||152%|