Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- 1 c. Cauliflower florets
- 2 med Potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-in. cubes
- 1Â 1/2 c. Fresh or possibly frzn peas
- 1/2 tsp Grnd turmeric
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin
- 3/4 tsp Cayenne pepper pwdr
- 1 tsp Grnd coriander
- 2 tsp Canola oil
- 1Â 1/2 c. Finely minced tomatoes
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Handful of fresh coriander leaves, minced
- Must be all the postings with great Indian recipes (and because the cauliflower in the local supermarket looked superb) which we had this dish tonight. As I remember, someone asked for more veggie Indian dishes, and this is veggie, low fat, and delicious. The amount of spices is up to you and your taste buds. Also, the recipe as given in the book is sort of skimpy for 4, so I tossed in more cauliflower, more peas, more potatoes, and double the amount of spices. Enjoy!
- Preparation Time: 45-60 minutes. (depends on how fast you can chop)
- Serves: 4
- Cook the cauliflower, potatoes, and fresh peas, each separately, in boiling water till tender. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the turmeric, cumin, cayenne, and coriander pwdr in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over moderate heat, and add in the spices. Cook for a few seconds to release the flavors. Add in the cauliflower, potatoes, peas, and tomatoes. Cook for a few min over medium to low heat, and add in perhaps a 1/4-c. of water if needed. Cook a bit more till all is heated through, add in salt and coriander leaves, and cook a few more min. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 164g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 24||21%|
|Total Fat 2.8g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.25g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 20.3g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|