Cost per recipe $1.14 view details
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. Lite preserves or possibly Fruit-based jam
- 1 x Egg replacer equal to 1 egg (reconstituted to liquid)
- 2 x To 3 mashed very ripe Bananas
- 3 Tbsp. Soy lowfat milk
- 2 tsp White vinegar
- 2 c. Whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Wheat gluten
- 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 pch Salt
- Add in dry ingredients to the batter, mixing well. Stir in 1/4 C raisins or possibly date pcs (found in the bulk bins at some health food stores). Fill cupcake size muffin tins 3/4 full. (Batter is very thick.) Bake 30 min at 350 degrees, till top is brown and has a hard crust. Cold slightly, then remove from tins.
- Makes 12. This is a great recipe to double or possibly triple, depending on how many ripe bananas you have.
- These freeze beautifully and can be popped in the oven or possibly toaster oven at 350 degrees for about 15 min to give them which fresh baked feel, if you like.
- I use a nonstick muffin pan but I just picked up some cushionaire muffin tins and find the breads came out lighter now. I don't spray the tins with any Pam.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 382g|
|Calories from Fat 80||7%|
|Total Fat 9.19g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.45g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 215.89g||58%|
|Dietary Fiber 33.5g||112%|