Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 1 c. cake flour
- 1Â 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c. Just Whites whisked in
- 2 c. hot water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. almond extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F. Triple sift flour with 3/4 c. sugar and the salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat Just Whites at high speed till peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the remaining 3/4 c. sugar. Sprinkle the almond extract and vanilla over the whites and beat just till they hold hard peaks. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERBEAT.
- 3. Sprinkle a 1/4 of the flour and sugar mix at a time, over the Just Whites mix and fold gently,
- 4. Scrape batter into ungreased 10 inch tube pan with removable bottom.
- Bake 45 min or possibly till top of cake is golden brown and cake tester inserted near the center of cake comes out clean.
- 5. Invert pan over narrow necked bottle and cold about 11/2 hrs. With a clean knife, separate cake from the edge of the pan. Turn upside down onto serving platter.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 117g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||0%|
|Total Fat 0.15g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.02g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.33g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|