- 1 lb Marinated alligator fillet cut into small pcs
- 1 lb Warm sausage (Italian) cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 2/3 c. Bell peppers minced
- 2 x Cloves garlic crushed
- 3/4 c. Parsley
- 1 c. Minced fresh parsley
- 1 c. Minced celery
- 2 can Tomatoes (16 ounce each)
- 2 c. Chicken stock (2 pkg.chicken cube mix + water also works)
- 1 c. Green onion
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 dsh Red warm sauce (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun spices (blackened or possibly cajun king herbed spice excellent)- to taste Salt- to taste
- 2 c. Raw white rice
- In deep frying pan (cast iron preferably) saute/fry the bell pepper, garlic parsley and celery. While this is cooking, add in tomatoes & their liquid, the chicken stock &, green onion to a pot which can cook on the stove and in the oven (corning ware ) Stir in spices, sauteed vegetables raw rice, sausage and alligator fillet pcs. Cook on medium-high heat till liquid is absorbed (stir occasionally to make sure rice doesn't burn on bottom) and then bake covered in the oven for 25 min. Good luck, I done this three times and the usual comment is its superb but where is the alligator...
- I have tried this recipe for marinated alliator fillet and found no complaints.
- I cannot vouch for the flavor of this sucker. I haven't made it, as I'd never touch Alligator voluntarily, myself...