Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 1 c. cake flour
- 1/4 tsp baking pwdr
- 1 pch salt
- 3 x Large eggs separated
- 1/3 c. ice water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract pure
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract pure
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325F/160C. Line an ungreased 9-in/24-cm springform pan with a round of parchment paper or possibly waxed paper.
- 2. Sift together the flour, baking pwdr and salt. Reserve.
- 3. Beat the egg yolks till thick and lemony. Beat in the ice water till pale and foamy.
- 4. Add in the sugar and beat till the mix is very light and the sugar is dissolved, about 10 min with an electric beater. Add in the almond extract and vanilla extract.
- 5. Fold the cake and pastry flour into the yolk mix in three additions.
- 6. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar till light. Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- 7. Turn the batter gently into the pan and bake for 40 to 50 min. Cold on a rack before removing from the pan.
- NOTES : "This is a delicious sponge cake which can be used for trifle, cakes, or possibly whenever you want a plain light, but really good cake.
- It can also be baked as a jelly roll, but reduce the baking time to 20 to 25 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 56g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 14||9%|
|Total Fat 1.59g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.48g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.89g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|