Cost per serving $0.15 view details
- 1 c. split red lentils, washed
- 6 c. water
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. lemon juice salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 c. finely minced fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pch cayenne pepper
- Place the lentils in a pot with 5 c. of the water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for approximately 5 min.
- In the meantime, mix the flour with the remaining water to make a smooth paste. Add in to the lentils. Stir in the lemon juice and salt and continue stirring over a high heat till the soup mix returns to a boil. Lower the heat; then cover and cook for 15 min, stirring once in a while.
- While the mix is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add in the garlic and the coriander and fry till the garlic is golden. Stir this mix into the soup. Simmer for a few min, then add in the cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Stir and serve warm. 177cals, 5g fat
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 292g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||42%|
|Total Fat 5.82g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.31g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.77g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|