I started making this because my wife, Jeanne, would not stop complaining about how bad store bought salad dressings are. Over time, I've optimized it to both of our tastes. I never make it exactly the same, but the directions below will turn out a delicious base dressing that you can then iterated on. I always store the dressing in an old wine bottle with a cork in top. It works perfectly and adds some old world charm!
- Lemon Juice from 3 lemons
- 400 ml of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dillweed
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 100 ml dry white wine (e.g. sauvignon blanc)
- 60 ml apple vinegar
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 empty 750ml wine bottle
- Using a funnel, pour all ingredients into the empty wine bottle. Pour dry ingredients first because they will stick to the funnel once it is wet.
- Put cork in bottle and shake thoroughly.
- Taste test over a few salad ingredients and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Please update this recipe with any variations you try and like. I'm always looking for new ideas!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 9g|
|Recipe makes 50 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||96%|
|Total Fat 7.39g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.06g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.22g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|