I found this recipe online and it's a little time consuming but totally worth it. If you like coconut milk, this is for you. You can make it as spicy or as mild as you like.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- salt, black pepper and cayenne to taste
- 3 tbsp oil (coconut oil if possible)
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped (remove seeds if you like)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated OR 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- In a glass dish, marinate chicken in lemon juice, lemon rind, salt, pepper, and cayenne for approximately 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over med-high heat. Once hot, sear chicken pieces on both sides.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add tomatoes and ginger. Stir well.
- Add coconut milk and simmer over med-low heat until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens. Stir often.
- Serve over basmati rice.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2619g|
|Calories from Fat 2806||69%|
|Total Fat 318.55g||398%|
|Saturated Fat 136.66g||547%|
|Trans Fat 1.05g|
|Total Carbs 64.53g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.0g||40%|