There are many versions of Tabouli around, but this recipe was introduced to me by a young man from Lebonon who lived with us for a while. Several times a year the craving for this salad comes over me and I get the chopping board out! This recipe makes a large batch but I always give bowls of it away to friends and family, as everyone has come to love it as much as I do. Take time to finely chop ingredients. I do not use a food processor as the results are not the same.
- 3/4 cup fine bulgar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onions, about 2 bunches
- 4 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 cups curley leaf parsley finely chopped, about 2 bunches
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a heat proof bowl, pour boiling water over bulgar and allow to stand for 20-30 minutes.
- Place chopped green onions, tomatoes, parsley, and cucumbers in large mixing bowl. Drain water away from bulgar and add bulgar to the vegetables.
- In a covered jar, shake together the olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients, tossing well to coat.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 202g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 82||78%|
|Total Fat 9.24g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.28g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.78g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|