Cost per recipe $17.07 view details
- 6 x one-oz squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2Â 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. dark corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. butter or possibly margarine, softened
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 x Large eggs
- 1Â 1/2 c. walnuts, coarsely minced
- Â Â Mint buttercream frosting
- 2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat milk
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Â Â Green food coloring
- Â Â Chocolate glaze
- 3 x one-oz squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 x one-oz square semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp dark corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 15 1/2-by-10 1/2 inch jelly roll pan. In heavy 2-qt saucepan, over low heat, heat chocolate squares till melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and butter just till blended. Increase speed to high; beat till light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low; add in flour, salt and Large eggs; beat till well-mixed, constantly scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to high; beat 2 min. At low speed, beat in melted chocolate till blended. With spoon, stir in walnuts.
- Proportionately spread batter in pan. Bake 40-45 min or possibly till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cold brownies in pan on wire rack.
- When brownies are cold, prepare mint buttercream frosting. In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat confectioner's sugar, lowfat milk, peppermint extract and butter till smooth. Stir in sufficient green food coloring to tint a pretty green.
- Proportionately spread frosting over cooled brownies. Chill while preparing chocolate glaze.
- For glaze, heat chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a heavy 2-qt saucepan over low heat till chocolate melts and mix is smooth, stirring frequently.
- Remove pan from heat; stir frequently till glaze cools slightly.
- Spread over frosting to completely cover top. Chill till glaze is set, about 1 hour. Cut brownies lengthwise into three strips. Cut each strip crosswise into 15 bars.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2519g|
|Calories from Fat 4704||46%|
|Total Fat 544.12g||680%|
|Saturated Fat 298.99g||1196%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1387.02g||370%|
|Dietary Fiber 60.4g||201%|