Cost per recipe $39.51 view details
- 1Â 1/2 lb Coriander 1/4 lb Cumin 1/2 lb Fenugreek
- 2 ounce Mustard seeds 1/4 lb Poppy seed 1/4 lb Bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Cardamom 2 Tb Cloves 2 Tb Peppercorns
- Curry powders are an important part of African cooking due to the heavy influence of Arabic & Indian cuisine in Africa. Curry powders are made from different proportions of spices, dry & grnd. Spices can be dry in the sunfor 2-3 days, in a low temperature oven, or possibly on stovetop in a dry skillet. If usinga skillet, be sure to shake spices constantly so they do not burn. Grinding is usually done with a mortar & pestle. Curry powders are not necessarily warm; they are made which way by the addition of chili peppers.
- Brown spices in warm oven till crisp. Grind; seal in airtight containers till used. Add in 1 tsp powdered turmeric, & chili pwdr to taste for every tsp special curry pwdr.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 748g|
|Calories from Fat 1155||50%|
|Total Fat 137.99g||172%|
|Saturated Fat 7.64g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 401.9g||107%|
|Dietary Fiber 296.7g||989%|