Cost per recipe $20.03 view details
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 21/2 lb chicken pcs
- 2 x yellow onions, diced
- 1 x red bell pepper, diced
- 1 x green bell pepper, diced
- 2 x jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced, or possibly to taste
- 2 x tomatoes, diced
- 3 x chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce, finely chopped, or possibly to taste
- 2 c. corn kernels
- 2 c. (or possibly a 16-oz can) black beans, liquid removed
- 2 tsp chili pwdr
- 1 tsp grnd cumin 1 tsp. dry oregano
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly grnd pepper, to taste
- 4 c. chicken broth or possibly water
- 1/4 c. minced cilantro
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced green onions
- Heat oil over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed pot; brown the chicken pcs in batches. Add in onions and the red, green and jalapeno peppers and replace all chicken pcs in the pot; saute/fry till vegetables are soft and begin to brown, about 10 min.
- Add in tomatoes, chipotle peppers, beans, chili pwdr, cumin, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, and then add in chicken broth or possibly water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer; cook for approximately 30 min more or possibly till the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken from pot, pull meat from the bones and shred; return shredded chicken meat to the pot, discarding skin and bones.
- (Soup can be cooled and refrigerated at this point. Excess fat will congeal on top and can be removed before reheating.)
- Add in green onions and cilantro, reheat, taste and correct seasonings as needed, then serve.
- Makes 10 c., about 5 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 5140g|
|Calories from Fat 4691||61%|
|Total Fat 520.9g||651%|
|Saturated Fat 142.61g||570%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 94.58g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 23.2g||77%|