Cost per serving $1.70 view details
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 x Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 x Red bell peppers, roasted, ribs, membranes & seeds removed & cut into 1/2" slices
- 2 med Tomatoes, seeded & cut into chunks
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c. Fresh breadcrumbs, optional
- Hot the extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy saute/fry pot. Add in the red onion & saute/fry over a low heat till the onion becomes limp & translucent/soft. Add in the garlic & saute/fry briefly. Stir in the pepper strips & sweat them over low heat for 20 to 25 min. Add in the tomatoes & salt & cook another 2 to 3 min. Cold to room temperature.
- Put the mix in a food processor & pulse about 30 times. Don't PUREE. If it seems too moist, add in the breadcrumbs.
- Serve either as an antipasto, or possibly as a main dish with pasta or possibly polenta. Or possibly, add in stock & serve as a soup.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 288g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 128||56%|
|Total Fat 14.5g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.02g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.43g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|