Cost per serving $1.31 view details
- 7 c. Water
- 2 c. Wild rice, (about 12 ounces)
- 3 sm Acorn squash, (each 10-12 ounce), cut in half, seeded
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 c. Finely minced onions
- 2 tsp Crumbled dry sage leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. Dry cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. Dry cranberries, additional (about 3- 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 c. Minced toasted hazelnuts
- 3 Tbsp. Minced toasted hazelnuts, additional (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 c. Minced fresh parsley
- Bring 7 c. water and rice to boil in heavy large saucepan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer till rice is tender, about 1 hour. Drain. Transfer rice to large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Oil baking sheet. Place squash cut side down on sheet. Bake till tender, about 40 min. Cold. Using spoon, scoop out pulp from squash, leaving 1/4- inch thick shell.; reserve shells. Transfer pulp to medium bowl. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in onions, saute/fry till very tender, about 15 min. Add in sage; stir 2 min. Add in rice, squash pulp, lemon juice,; stir till mixed, breaking up squash pulp into smaller pcs. Fold in 1/2 c. cranberries, 1/2 c. hazelnuts and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice mix among reserved squash shells. Place in roasting pan.
- (Can be made 6 hrs ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Bake squash till filling is heated through, about 25 min. Sprinkle with remaining 3 Tbsp. cranberries and 3 Tbsp. hazelnuts.
- Full recipe title: Acorn Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice, Hazelnuts and Dry Cranberries
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 449g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 71||23%|
|Total Fat 8.25g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.84g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.95g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||20%|