Cost per recipe $9.41 view details
- 1 lrg onion minced, 1 C
- 11/2 lb Sweet Potatoes peeled and cubed
- (about 5 C)
- 1 sm acorn squash quartered, seeded,
- pared (about 4 C)
- 133/4 ounce Chicken Broth vegetarian
- 4 Tbsp. Skim lowfat milk to 6 Tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 1/4 c. Nonfat Lowfat sour cream optional
- Grnd Nutmeg optional
- Saute/fry onion in broth or possibly water in lg. saucepan over med. heat till onion is translucent/soft, about 6 minutes. Add in potatoes, squash and broth. Simmer, covered, till veggies are tender, about 25 minutes. Cold slightly.
- Working in batches, place the veggies with their liquid in food processor.
- Whirl till pureed. Return the puree to the saucepan. Stir in the nonfat lowfat milk for desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Heat over low heat.
- Top each serving with dollop of nonfat lowfat sour cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- NOTES : Recipe adjusted to lower the fat content.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2135g|
|Calories from Fat 110||6%|
|Total Fat 12.53g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7.08g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 387.58g||103%|
|Dietary Fiber 57.6g||192%|