Forget all the tortilla rolling, we’ve got a skinny twist that’s easy to assemble and really, really good. Our casserole has many of the same ingredients of a classic enchilada and some updated skinny ones too. For example, instead of adding a large amount of high fat cheese, we’re using fat free cottage cheese to the layers and only topping with ½ cup of shredded reduced-fat cheese. The cottage cheese adds a rich, cheesy, creamy flavor. We’re also using fat free sour cream and very lean ground beef. The skinny for one serving is 285 calories, 4g fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. One full fat serving has 429 calories and 24g fat. Best of all, this Mexican-style dish is loaded with flavor!
- 8 ounces (Â½ of a 1-pound package) extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Â½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-oz) can Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles, see shopping tip
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- Â½ cup fresh corn kernels, cut from 1 cob
- Â¼ cup fat free cottage cheese
- Â¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 (6-inch) Mission yellow corn tortillas, extra thin, see shopping tip
- 1(10-oz) can enchilada sauce, see shopping tip
- Â¾ cup tomatoes, chopped
- â cup scallions, sliced
- Â½ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9â square pan with cooking spray. Glass or metal pan is fine.
- 2. In a large nonstick pan, cook the beef, onions, garlic, chili powder and cumin over medium-high heat until onions are tender and beef is no longer pink. Stir often, breaking up the beef. Add black beans, undrained chile peppers and mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, corn, cottage cheese and garlic powder.
- 4. Place 4 tortillas, overlapping on the bottom of pan. Top with half the meat mixture, half the sour cream mixture and half the enchilada sauce. Reserve topping ingredients until baked. Repeat layers
- 5. Cover casserole with foil. Bake for 30-35 minutes until heated through. Remove from oven, sprinkle with tomatoes, scallions and cheese. Bake uncovered for about10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 6. Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes to set. Cut into 6 servings. Remove servings with a spatula Note: It holds together even better if baked and refrigerated overnight. Just before serving, heat in a 350 degree oven or microwave until hot. Cut into 6 slices.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 290g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 157||28%|
|Total Fat 17.78g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 7.72g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 80.55g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.7g||36%|