Cost per recipe $1.97 view details
- Blend till mealy. Sprinkle a little ice water over dough, sufficient to hold together. Roll out to 1/4" thickness, brush with 1/4 c. melted butter.
- Cut pastry in half. Place halves on top of each other. Roll and cut again.
- Repeat till you have 16 separate pcs piled up. then refrigeratefor 1 hour.
- Roll pastry again and cut in half. Line bottom of baking dish. Save other half for top.
- FILLING:1/2 c. sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 10 lg.
- apples 1/2 c. molasses 3 tbsp. melted butter 1/4 c. water U Peel and slice the apples. Mix with sugarand spices and put in pastry lined dish. Combine molasses with butter and w Cover with top crust and seal. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 min. Then reduce heat to 325 degrees. "Dowdy" the dish by cutting the crust into apples with sharp knife. Bake one hour. Serve warm with ice cream or possibly whipped cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 840g|
|Calories from Fat 1058||30%|
|Total Fat 119.86g||150%|
|Saturated Fat 27.5g||110%|
|Trans Fat 34.26g|
|Total Carbs 537.46g||143%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.1g||64%|