Idiyappam is a tasty South Indian breakfast dish. The perfect combo would be Idiyappam and coconut milk and sugar!!! Its def my fav. It could also be had with Navaratna Kurma .
- * Wash and soak rice for three to four hours. Air dry the rice and grind into a fine powder.
- * Mix 1 cup of rice flour with required warm water and salt.
- * Knead into smooth dough. Apply little oil on the inner side of the cooking press and insert it in to the cooking press.
- * Press it on the idly moulds greased with oil.
- * Steam in the idly cooker for 8-10 minutes.
- * Remove and garnish with grated coconut.
- * Serve with coconut milk and sugar / with Navratna Kurma
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 34g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||88%|
|Total Fat 7.77g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 6.89g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.59g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|