The crimson center of this scrumptious dessert is beautifully set off by the sharp combination of sweet and tart flavors from the sugar and cranberries. It makes a wonderful finale for your Thanksgiving dinner, but you needn’t wait. It’s delicious throughout the holiday season. The skinny facts for each slice are 266 calories, 12 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. The full fat recipe has an amazing 674 calories and 36 grams of fat for just one slice!
- 1Â½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2Â½ tablespoons reduced- fat butter or Smart Balance Light spread, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese (I like Philadelphia 25% less fat)
- 1 cup canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1Â½ cups canned whole-berry cranberry sauce
- â cup golden brown sugar
- 2Â¼ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Final Topping:
- â cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- Â½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9â spring form pan with cooking spray.
- 2. To make crust: In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- 3. To make filling: With an electric mixer, whip the cream cheeses until smooth. Add cranberry sauce and mix until well combined. Spread over crust.
- 4. To make topping: In a small bowl mix together cranberry sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Spread evenly over the top of the filling.
- 5. Bake for 35 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the final topping.
- 6. To make final topping: In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts and butter until crumbly. Remove the torte from the oven. Sprinkle the topping over the baked torte. Bake for 10 minutes more. Remove from oven.
- 7. Cool completely and refrigerate. Chill at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 76g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 176||59%|
|Total Fat 20.02g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 8.89g||36%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 25.82g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|